Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) have released a new edition of the See, Contain, Report Newsletter.
The August 2022 Edition gives updates on various areas of the Transitional Facility Window including;
- Tips and reminders for Operators and APs
- New Contamination Charts
- Place of First Arrival Standard review
- TF/CF Infringement notices
- The corporation as the TF Operator
- Performance-Based Verification
- Container Hubbing
- 100% Reporting
This is a good opportunity for TF-Operator to be reminded to ensure their processes in their manuals are up to date, with objective evidence, as this is a great focus of the Performance-Based Verifications which have been phased in by Biosecurity NZ.
The newsletter also gives an in depth look at Foot-and-Mouth Disease and the current outbreak in Indonesia. Additional biosecurity measures have been put in place for goods coming from Indonesia due to this outbreak.
- Soil is a common contamination found when devanning containers and is a way a virus like FMD to arrive in NZ, as soil can carry pathogens.
- As stated in the See, Contain, Report Newsletter - "Soil must be removed from containers, placed in the quarantine bin, and be destroyed as quarantine waste."
To read the August 2022 edition click here: See, Contain, Report August 2022
To subscribe to the See, Contain, Report Newsletter click here: Subscribe
For the new Sea Containers from All Countries Standard Click here: Sea Containers from All Countries - Import Health Standard (mpi.govt.nz)