Before Lockdown, SPS Biota was invited to attend the Biosecurity New Zealand Sea Cargo Roadshow by Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI).
This was an opportunity to hear from Border Clearance Services Leaders and specialists from MPI and to ask questions regarding topics spoken about, including;
- The new verification and risk model for transitional facilities
- New rules for reporting, moving and storing sea containers
- Managing the risk from contamination empty sea containers
- Changes to MPI’s information systems for managing sea cargo
- Updates on biosecurity developments re: brown marmorated stink bug (BMSB), Gypsy Moth (GM) and other areas of interest.
SPS team members who attended found the session beneficial, hearing from MPI and learning about the directions in which the Transitional Facility Space will be moving towards in the future.
More information from MPI on topics covered available in this month's issue of See, Contain, Report: See Contain Report August 2021 (mpi.govt.nz)
- Georgia Williams, Biosecurity Advisor